Handling of personal information by the Japanese Red Cross Society
The Japanese Red Cross Society (hereafter referred to as “the Society”) deeply expresses our thankfulness for your support to our Red Cross activities. It is our policy to respect individual’s rights. Therefore the Society will handle all personal information received from you through our activities, by complying with the Japanese law “The Act on the Protection of Personal Information” and our internal rule “Personal Information Protection Guideline”. The Society will continue to live up to your expectations by handling personal information as follows:
1. Usage of personal information only for a clearly defined purpose.
At any time that the Society requests your personal information, the Society will inform you of a clearly defined purpose for the usage and if you agree to it we will receive your personal information. The Society will not use your personal information for any other purpose without your permission.
2. Personal information will not be shared with any third party.
The Society will not share any personal information with any third party without your permission.
3. Personal information will be disclosed, corrected, added or deleted anytime upon your request.
When the Society receives a request regarding personal information, first we will confirm your identification to check if the request is from you yourself. Once it is confirmed, the Society will disclose, correct, add or delete the corresponding personal information accordingly.
The Society may not proceed with the above in the following cases:
(1) If it is in violation of Japanese laws or regulations; or
(2) If it is either an urgent or unavoidable situation in order to protect you or a third party’s life, body or property.
5. Security management of personal information
The Society uses strict security measures to protect your personal information from leakage, loss or damage.
The Society may modify contents such as photos to protect your privacy in case that the contents may identify individuals.
If it is unavoidable for the Society to outsource handling of personal information to a third party, the Society will use a trustworthy vendor with a contract regarding handling of personal information.