The websites/webpages below contain basic information on radiation and radioactivity and their effects on human bodies, the environment and food safety.
Basics on radioactivity and radiation
Websites/webpages for information about radioactivity and radiation.
- ”Radiation and Radioactive Materials Q&A 2″ (Fukushima International Association, Japan, 2013)
- Answers written by Prof. Takamura of Nagasaki University (advisor to Fukushima Prefecture on health risk from radiation) to questions about radiation/radioactive materials/health risks were compiled as a pamphlet called "Radiation and Radioactive Materials Q&A 2." [PDF]
- What is radiation? (Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Japan)
- Plain explanations on radiation, effects on cells, etc.
- Radiation-related information (Radiation Effects Research Foundation, Japan)
- Radiation-related information to help the public to resolve their questions and concerns about radiation.
- Dose Scale (National Institute of Radiological Sciences, Japan)
- A quick chart showing health effects from natural and artificial radiation. [PDF]
- Radiation Protection Fundamental Information Portal Site (Hiroshima University, Japan)
- A portal site for basic information on radiation and radiation emergency medical care.
- Publicity (Nagasaki University, Japan)
- Q&As about radiation and radioactive materials.
- Fact sheet No. 371: Ionizing radiation, health effects and protective measures (WHO, 2012)
- Explanations on radiation, health effects and protective measures in nuclear emergencies.
- Students’ Corner (U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- Plain explanations for children about nuclear energy, radiation, etc.
- Fact Sheet on Biological Effects of Radiation (U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- Explanations about background of biological effects of radiation and the effects.
- Radiation Protection and the NRC (NUREG/BR-0322, Revision 1)
(U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- An 8-page brochure explaining radiation.
- Glossary (U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission)
- A glossary compiled by U.S. NRC.
- Radiation Basics (Health Physics Society, U.S.A.)
- Q&As about radiation basics.
Websites/webpages for information about food safety.
- Radioactive Contamination of Food in Japan (Food Safety Commission of Japan)
- Food Safety Risk Assessment on Radioactive Nuclides in Foods.
- Topics of radioactivity, The Great East Japan Earthquake (Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan)
- Information including test results of foods on radioactivity levels in agricultural and other products.
- Information on the Great East Japan Earthquake – Food (Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare, Japan)
- Food-related information including radioactivity levels in foods tested in respective prefectures.
- Fukushima prefecture agriculture,forestry and fisheries products processed food monitoring Information (Fukushima Prefecture, Japan)
- Results of monitoring of radioactivity materials in agriculture and other products in Fukushima.
Environmental effects from radiaoactivity
- Fukushima University, Institute of Environmental Radioactivity
- Researches on radionuclide behavior in the environment including forests, rivers, lakes and ocean are undertaken.
- Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Accident
- Records on response to the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant accident
- Archives on the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant accident
- Nuclear disasters other than Fukushima
- Five years after the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant Accident
- Thirty years after the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant Accident
- Current situation of the affected areas
- Support for affected people
- Legal and regulatory framework for nuclear emergency management in Japan
- International/foreign standards and procedures for nuclear emergency management
- In case of a nuclear emergency. . .
- Nuclear-energy related agencies, organizations, groups and regulatory authorities in Japan and abroad
- Response to people requring special consideration
- Communication during a disaster
- Local community
- Psychosocial care for affected popul and supporting people